Students in grades 3-8 have the opportunity to participate in the following organized athletic programs:
- Girls basketball and volleyball through the Cincinnati Friar's Club.
- Boys basketball through Cincinnati Friar's Club.
- Boys football through the GCYL Cougar football program, a combined team comprised of students from St. Francis de Sales, St. Ursala Villa, Cardinal Pacelli, St. Mary's. and St. Cecilia.
- Girls cheerleading is offered by GCYC Cougar Cheer, more information can be found here.
- and Boys and Girls track during the spring through the CTCYO (Cincinnati Track Catholic Youth Organization).
Student-athletes pay a $50 sports fee to help offset the costs of uniforms, league and referee fees, and equipment.
All SFDS athletic programs are operated in compliance with the Archbishop's Charter on Catholic Youth Athletics.