1. Disruption of School – No student by use of violence, force, noise, coercion, threat, intimidation, fear, active or passive resistance, or any other conduct, shall intentionally cause the disruption or obstruction of any lawful mission, process, or function of the school, or urge other students to engage in such conduct.
2. Damage, Destruction, Theft, or Misuse of School Property – No student shall intentionally cause or attempt to cause damage to school property including defacing or stealing or attempt to steal property.
3. Damage, Destruction, or Theft of Private Property – No student shall intentionally cause damage to private property, including that of other students, teachers, administrators, or other school employees, or steal or attempt to steal private property.
4. Assault Upon Another – No student shall intentionally cause or attempt to cause or threaten physical injury or intentionally behave in such a way as could reasonably be anticipated to cause physical injury to a school employee, fellow student, or any other person.
5. Verbal Abuse of Another – No student shall internationally direct to a school employee or another student words or gestures which are slanderous or degrading in nature or which are obscene, profane, or insulting.
6. Weapons and Dangerous Instruments – No student shall knowingly possess, handle, or transmit a knife, razor, ice pick, explosive, loaded cane, sword cane, pistol, rifle, shotgun, pellet gun, machete, or other object that reasonably can be considered a weapon.
7. Narcotics, Alcoholic Beverages and Stimulant Drugs
1. Unless prescribed by a physician or dentist, or, in the case of legally obtainable non-prescription drugs, used with the consent of his/her parent/guardian, no student shall knowingly posses, use, transmit, or be under the influence of any narcotic drug, hallucinogenic drug, amphetamine, or other stimulant, barbiturate or other sedative, marijuana, inhalant, alcoholic beverage, or intoxicant of any kind.
2. Unless possessed for a lawful purpose and with the consent of his/her parents/guardians, no student shall knowingly possess:
a. Any instrument, article or thing whose customary and primary purpose is for the administration or use of a dangerous drug, i.e., any drug which, under F.D.A. regulation, Federal Narcotic Laws, of Ohio Statues, may be dispensed only on a prescription; or narcotic drugs available without prescription, or drugs intended for injectable use;
b. Paraphernalia for the use of marijuana, i.e. any instrument, device, article or thing whether or not of crude or extemporized manufacture of assembly that is used or intended for use of any kin of the following:
(a) Preparing marijuana for ingestion, inhalation or other introduction into the body;
(b) Ingesting, inhaling or otherwise introducing marijuana into the body;
(c) Enhancing their effect of marijuana upon the body;
(d) Testing the strength, effectiveness, or purity of marijuana.
1. Section 2925.37 O.R.C. makes it a crime to make, possess, sell, or attempt to sell a counterfeit controlled substance, i.e., something which appears to be a drug abuse substance, but is not,
1. A student permit shall be used for dispensing short term and long term prescription and non-prescription medications during school hours.
1. Failure to Obey Instructions – No student shall fail to comply with reasonable instructions or requests of teachers, student teachers, substitute teachers, security personnel, principals, or other authorized school personnel during any period of time when he/she is properly under the authority of such school personnel.
2. Use of Tobacco – No student shall smoke, use or possess any substance containing tobacco, including, but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, a pipe, a clove cigarette, and chewing tobacco, or use tobacco in any other form at anytime anywhere on school premises and/or at any school activity regardless of its location.
3. Removing or Altering Student Records – No student shall remove any student record from its official place of deposit without the permission of the record custodian, or alter, or in any way change such record.
4. Extortion – No student shall obtain something of value from another person by physical force, threat, or intimidation.
5. Trespass – No student shall be present in an unauthorized place on school property or refuse to leave any such place when ordered to do so by authorized personnel.
6. Pornography – No student shall have in his/her possession, or display to another person any pornographic material.
7. Leaving School Premises – No student shall leave the school premises during the school day or be absent from a scheduled class without permission from his/her teacher or from other school authorities or without other justifiable reason.
8. Truancy – No student shall be absent from school without written authorization for such absence from a parent/guardian.